Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Book Cover



The last time I made a book cover was in '99 or '00 and unfortunately no longer even have it on file; no print outs or hand written ideas-- nothing. The only difference between then and now is that i'd like to believe I have a better idea of what
I'm working with this time around.



Around the World in Eighty Days, was my choice for the design. I had two high-enough-res photos already in my possession. The first of which is of a grand victorian-era grand teller of time. The other is a shot from the skies above the pacific Islands. Together these two come together with the opacity set low to allow the books characters and text undivided attention upon first glance. I shot the photos of friends and neighbors able to participate in a quick set-up. These photos will be arranged in a half or full circle as if they were standing atop a globe. Before the shoot I was able to take a photo of some kids and pull the background and paste them onto the book cover as a semi-rough draft for the first critique.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this photo. Impressive that you have done book covers.

    ReplyDelete